Tunica-Biloxi Tribe announces the new Tunica-Biloxi COVID Economic Rescue Program for Tribal-Member Businesses. Qualifying applicants may be eligible for economic support and/or reimbursement of costs in connection with the COVID-19 public health emergency. Because funding is limited, a qualifying applicant will receive no more than $15,000 (amount has to be justified) related to this program. Applicants must complete the COVID Economic Rescue Program for Tribal-Member Businesses application.
Eligibility for Tribal Member-Owned Businesses
• Businesses must be owned by the Tunica-Biloxi Tribal Member and spouse.
• The tribal-member business has to be a measurable source of income for the tribal member household (at least 25% of income has to be derived from the business entity).
• Must have less than 50 part-time or full-time employees prior to March 11, 2021 and in operation prior to March 11, 2021.
• Must be able to demonstrate they have faced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
• Tunica-Biloxi COVID Economic Rescue Program for Tribal-Member Businesses Application (Within the application, a detailed narrative of how the business was negatively impacted due to COVID-19 will be required. A business requesting future expenditures shall provide a detailed justification of those expenditures and how those expenditures will assist the business to recover).
• Business License or Certificate of Formation.
• Copies of invoices and checks issued pertaining to reimbursement requests associated with qualified expenses due to COVID-19.
• Most recent tax filing (preferably 2020 tax filing).
• IRS W-9 form.
Certificate of Preference Eligibility (TERO Office) is not required but encouraged.
For examples of business licenses or certificates of formation, click here.
Filing of Application
A tribal member shall request an application from Jessica Barbry, the employee assigned to coordinate this program. Application submissions may be either emailed, hand-delivered, or mailed to Jessica Barbry. For email submissions, please send the application to email@example.com. For mail submissions, please submit the application to the following address:
Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana
Attn: Jessica Barbry, Budget & Data Analyst
150 Melacon Road
Marksville, LA 71351
Only applications that are fully completed and include all required documents will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. If the application and required documents are received by mail, the date of receipt will be the postmarked date.
Questions regarding this application may be submitted in writing to Jessica Barbry at the above address or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.