The Tunica-Biloxi Tribe has the following committees:
The Constitution Committee
- The Constitution Committee reviews the Tribe’s current constitution and makes recommendations on what changes need to be made that will help the Tribe in carrying out laws that are imperative to the Tribe’s survival. The Committee may take up questions of clarification or omission that affects interpretation of Tunica-Biloxi Constitution statutes.
The Election Committee
- The Election Committee coordinates the election process including candidate registration, absentee ballot distribution, poll management, ballot verification, ballot counting, and ballot result reporting. The Committee may review rules that govern the Tribe’s current election procedures and recommend changes that will make the process more efficient with the highest level of integrity and fairness.
- The Housing Committee assists in the development of housing for eligible tribal members on reservation land. The Committee oversees programs that help obtain loans to purchase and build homes both on and off the reservation.
- For more information, contact Fred Gonzales Jr., Chair of the Housing Committee.
The Pow Wow Committee
- The Pow Wow Committee plans and coordinates the annual Tunica-Biloxi Pow Wow that is held the third full weekend in May. The Committee also works together on larger cultural events for the Tunica-Biloxi community.
- For more information, contact John Barbry, chair of the Pow Wow Committee, at (800) 272-9767, ext. 6412.