The Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana is partnering with the Southern University Law Center (SULC) and the Southern University College of Business University Center for Economic Development to co-host the first Louisiana Rural and Economic (LaRuE) Development Summit. The goal of the summit is to connect rural communities with local, state and national leaders as well as Native American Country and improving life in rural areas by helping future generations develop an entrepreneurial mindset while providing them the tools to succeed.
At the summit, the following topics will be discussed by panels of three to five people:
• Workforce Development
• Community Development in Rural America
• 5G Expansion/Broadband Opportunities
• Healthcare Access in Rural Communities
• Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• New Marketing Opportunities in Agriculture
• Financial Services
• Small Business Opportunities
• Creating and Improving Economic and Business Relationships with Tribal Governments
• Business Development Opportunities with LA Tribes
Location: Paragon Casino Resort 711 Paragon Place, Marksville, LA 71351
Tickets: Click here to register
The summit will feature Governor John Bel Edwards at a special breakfast on July 9th. Local and nationally-recognized scholars and community leaders will share their expertise on the summit topics.