Current COVID-19 Resources
Apply for COVID-19 Assistance
The Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana is committed to providing assistance to eligible individuals who have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Tribe will provide targeted relief payments to those who certify that they have experienced physical or financial hardship due to this public health crisis. This means any amount of this assistance will be determined by the Tribe. Those wishing to receive assistance must fill out the following application to receive assistance.
The Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana respects the privacy of its members and strictly adheres to HIPAA, and all other federal data privacy laws; therefore, all form submissions will be directed to our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Webb and Mrs. Martha Ketcher, the Tribe’s Health Consultant, who are both HIPAA certified.
- Some examples of needs are:
- Financial aid when unemployment is inadequate to meet a family’s basic needs.
- Rent and mortgage assistance due to financial hardship caused by COVID-19.
- A reduction in pay and or benefits from an employer because of COVID-19.
- Financial assistance to help with caring for an elderly family member at home due to cases of COVID-19 at the family member’s residential care facility.
- Financial assistance for food and prescription delivery because a family has member(s) that are at risk of death or serious illness from COVID-19.
- Buying PPE for family
|To download a printable application, click here.|
We request that this printable form is only used if you or a loved one do not have access to a computer to fill out the online form.
Printed forms should be returned to:
Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana
Attention: Yona Consulting Services
P. O. Box 1589
Marksville, LA 71351
Emergency COVID Assistance Program (E-COVID)
The Emergency COVID Assistance Program (E-COVID) is designed for individuals struggling with their mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic. Tribal citizens experiencing mental health concerns or co-occurring substance usage issues stemmed from depression and anxiety can take advantage of this program. The program is designed to meet the individual mental health needs of all eligible citizens. A treatment plan will be customized for each individual based on their specific needs. This program is possible through funding from the Department of Health and Human Services (SAMHSA)
Who is eligible? Enrolled Tunica-Biloxi citizens who reside in the state of Louisiana.
What services are available? Inpatient and outpatient treatment for mental health
What is the process? If interested, applicants should contact the Tunica-Biloxi Social Services Office for more information. The E-COVID staff will then contact the applicant as soon as possible to schedule an interview. During the interview, a comprehensive assessment and application will be completed for review. Once approval is granted, the staff will complete a referral to a contracted facility in Alexandria, Carencro or Lafayette for services.
For information on any of the above resources, contact the Tunica-Biloxi Social Services Department – 318-240-6444 or 318-240-6455.
Previous COVID-19 Updates:
- Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana Hires Chief Medical Officer To Provide Enhanced Medical Treatment for Tribal Citizens
- Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana Orders Mask Mandate, Following Gov. John Bel Edwards’ Statewide Mandate
- Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana to Host Free COVID-19 Testing Site in Marksville
- Tunica-Biloxi Tribe Distributes PPE to Tribal Elders Across the Country
- Paragon Casino Resort Reopens Following Temporary Closure Due to COVID-19